CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lillian is a big sis!

Wow! What can I say!! Only what I have been saying that we went from a family of 3 to a family of 4 in just 24 hours! We thought that Lillian's arrival was unique but I believe that Abby has her beat. We got the call from Jerry around 10:13 a.m. on Wednesday morning and I just about had a stroke. When I saw on the caller i.d. that is said Gainesville, FL, I just started shaking. After I heard Jerry's voice I thought we have finally been picked! Not only did I know that we had been picked but we needed to leave right away because Abby was born on Tuesday night @8:01 p.m. I felt like I was in a dream world and I just knew that I was going to eventually wake up. But it was real!!! I was running around the house like a chicken with his head cut off. I had no clue where any of the baby clothes were in the attic. Not being the organize person that I need to be, I had not marked any of the tubs with sizes. Not to mention that all of Lillian's onesies were long sleeve because she was born in December. I was even going to take Lillian's dress that I brought her home from the hospital and I couldn't find it!! I was panicking because I wanted something nice to bring Abby home from the hospital in but all we could do was get her an outfit at Walmart and the selection was slim to none for a newborn. Someday I will have to explain to Abby that we didn't have the kind of time that we had for Lillian. In fact, we had all the time in the world for Lillian! So the Walmart onesie had to do! We met the birthmother and just like before Chris thought that he was going to throw up. We were so nervous because thoughts like well, will she like us or what do we say. The birthmother had only heard about us and had never seen our scrapbook. That was even more pressure than before. Everything went well and we even meet the birthmother's grandmother and her great aunt. They were such nice people and we will never forget the sacrifice that they did for Abby. Words cannot express the gratitude and love that we have for Abby's biological family. Abby's birthmother is a hero in our eyes! She is putting her needs aside for the sake of Abby's. Whenever Abby wants to know about her birthmother we will tell her about how brave she was and how much she loved her. Now for the first meeting between big sister and little sister. Lillian is so thrilled with her baby sister! My sister Robin brought Lillian to us Friday night. Needless to say our night was not meant for sleeping. Lillian did not bed down until 2:30 this morning! Every time the baby even whimpered Lillian's head raised up and said what is wrong with her. She cannot stand for her to cry! She would ask why is my baby sister crying. She has even started crying when Abby was crying. And I would ask why are you crying and she would say because baby Abby was crying. I think it will take a little time adjusting to a little sister. And now for the pictures!
Big sister holding little sister!
Abby will be getting plenty of kisses from big sis!
Mommy and her two precious girls!
Even Anna is excited about having another cousin to worry her to death like Lillian!

Precious little sleeping Abby!
More to come with more family coming in! Hope you enjoyed!!

11 comments:

The Burns Family said...

Abby is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her! It will be fun to add another little girl to our mix! Lillian will be a great big sister, even if it takes a little time to adjust! I think that is to be expected for any child! Can't wait for y'all to come home! Keep the pictures coming!

Leanne Helums said...

OH I am just so happy for y'all. Tears of joy are rolling right now! I cannot wait to see y'all. Lillian will be a great big sis. Keep us posted and we will see you when you come home.
XOXO, Leanne

C. Smith said...

What an amazing story!! Congrats to your whole family-

Brand Family said...

I got chills just reading your post! We are so excited about Abby and I know Lillian will make a wonderful big sister!!! (Tell Chris I'm glad he didn't throw up.) Can't wait to see more pictures.

Harbin Family said...

I am so happy for your family. As I read your post, tears just began to flow! This is such an amazing story and I am sure Abby will understand why Mommy and Daddy had to make a quick stop to Walmart for the clothes. She will not care about that at all. She will be so excited to be a part of your family and will love walking in Lillian's footsteps!

Amber said...

chris and amanda, I am sooo happy for you! Little Abby is a lucky little girl to have found such a wonderful family. We have been thinking about you guys and I am so happy things are working out. We can't wait to meet her!

CCW said...

Congrats! We are so happy for ya'll!!!

Dana said...

I am sooo excited for you guys. I have been telling Jason about your story. He keeps telling me to calm down. I can't wait to see your new baby girl. You are a wonderful mother and I know that Abby will be one very lucky little girl. I just know Lillian will be a great big sister. With much love!

Beth said...

Congratulations! She is just precious. I know ya'll are thrilled beyond words. Sounds like Lillian is in "Big Sister Mode"!

Erica said...

We are thrilled to death for your family! We're really enjoying the pictures and just can't wait to meet her!

Alicia said...

Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous! I now you must still be in shock with everything happening so quickly. We can't wait to meet Abby! If you need anything at all just let me know. Love you!