CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

School is almost out!!!!

I have 4 days next week until I am out for summer and I can't wait!! Next year will be a little different for me because for the last 10 years I have been in the Title I program and now I am going into the classroom for good. In the Title I program I worked with children that had reading and math difficulties, in other words, remedial reading and math. I loved it but sadly that program is gone now. I don't know for sure what grade it will be for next year but it may look like 5th grade which is fine and it looks like that I will get to stay at Clements and will not have to transfer to another school. Wonderful because I have so much stuff after 10 years and it would be a pain to move all of that to a different school. I will have my own classroom and that will be a plus because in the past I have had to share a room with 1, 2, 3, and even sometimes 4 other people. So in a sense I am closing another chapter in my life and opening up a new chapter in my life. Nothing will be official until the board votes on it. So I will keep you posted on my new assignment. In the meantime I will be very busy this summer with Lillian!!! Here is a picture that she drew yesterday before we left for Mt. Rozell (where my daddy grew up). Can you make out that it looks like a smiley face????

We went to Mt. Rozell where my sister was camping in her camper on my grandmother's land where my daddy grew up. For the city folks that doesn't know where that is it is just about a mile or two past where you would turn off to go the West Limestone high school. We went to eat at Stanfield's in Rogersville and then back to watch some video of Guinn's band. I forgot what the name of it is but it is a bluegrass band. As you can see in the picture Lillian is pretending that she is playing a guitar. She loves music!!!!

You really can't see but Lillian is patting her hand on her leg to the beat.

Lillian loves her Aunt Tammy!!!!


Saturday night we will have more fun to come. First we start it off with a retirement party for my coworker Sandy Bass. Then on to the Helums for an awesome cookout!!! Our weekend doesn't stop there either. More to come later!!

0 comments: