CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Marla's Baby Shower

Last Saturday we gave Marla her very own baby shower for Baby Allie!!! For those of you that haven't been through infertility, baby showers are one of those things that you dream about for a long time. May not seem like a big thing but it really is.........you find yourself getting invited to tons of them but not being able to have one of your own. But the day had finally arrived for Marla!!!! We hope that the shower was special for a very special person. I consider Chan and Marla part of my family as a brother and another sister!! We have been through the same kind of infertility problems together and the ups and downs of the big roller coaster ride of trying to have a baby. God blessed me with two very special little girls. Now God has blessed Marla with being able to have a special little girl herself. Lillian prays every night for baby Allie along with Matt, Angela, and Anna Beth for their little baby boy. We pray that all will go well and that they will make their grand appearance being healthy as can be. After having so much to get together for the shower......would you believe that I forgot my camera!!!! I did manage to get these pics from Chan. I wish that I could show you how many cute things that Allie got because she got a lot of things. I was in charge of the cake, punch, and diaper cake. Mrs. Sam who is Lillian and Abby's babysitter did the cake. She did an awesome job and of course it tasted soooooo good!! Hope you enjoy the pics!
I have made at least two diaper cakes with coworkers but I had never made one by myself. I think I did an okay job. It turned out very cute if I should say so. Had tons of goodies on it!
Less than one week until Lane and Brady's wedding!!!

1 comments:

Leanne Helums said...

Your diaper cake turned out great. I am sure that she got lots of wonderful things for her new baby. I can completely understand the extra excitement of this shower for Marla. Sending them best wishes.