CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Trip Down Adoption Lane - Part Two

Well, on November 14th of 2006 we got a call from Jerry who is the director of C.F.S. We had been chosen by a birthmother. She was looking at about 5 books and when she got to ours she said that she knew we were the ones. Jerry told us a little about the birthmother and how the pregnancy was progressing. He told us that she was due around December 20th. Jerry also told us that she wanted to meet us and it needed to be soon because of the due date. So we waited until Jerry got back with the birthmother to see when would be a good time for her to meet. We all decided that it would be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Chris and I had never been to Gainesville, FL but on Tuesday of the week of Thanksgiving we took off down there. It took us 9 hours to get there. The next morning Jerry was going to meet with us before we met with our birthmother. We had never seen Jerry before so we didn't know what to expect. We were so nervous but after we met Jerry we felt a little better. We then left for the agency to meet our birthmother. She was running late so that made us even more nervous. We were waiting in a room for her and when we heard her voice I started shaking. I was thinking what if she doesn't like us or what if I don't know what to say. When she walked into the room Chris literally look white as a ghost. I thought he was going to pass out. Well, I didn't have any trouble talking to her. We carried on a conversation like we knew each other all along. After talking for about 2 hours, we finally left and headed back home. Our birthmother wanted me present at the birth if there was any way that I could be there. I was so excited but we knew that she could still change her mind until she signed the consent form. Jerry told us to keep our cell phones on at all times just in case she goes into labor. Well, we went to A.B.S. homecoming and we got a call from Jerry. This was on Friday night December 17th @7:00 that night. She was having contractions that were 9 minutes apart. We loaded up and headed to Gainesville that night. We arrived down there around six our time. We were so exhausted because both of us had worked all day and then drove all night. I don't how we made it. It seems like a blur. Well, it was false labor pains but we had decided we were going to stay for the long haul because I didn't want to miss the delivery. After being there a week, we got to at least go and see Daytona and tour the track and made many trip to the University of Florida campus. On that Friday our birthmother finally saw the doctor and he was not going to induce labor until the 26th. Our birthmother did not like that answer so she checked herself into the hospital and they checked her and said that she had two more weeks to go. Well, Jerry told us to go on back home and enjoy Christmas with our family. So on Saturday the 23rd we load up at 5:00a.m. and head back home. We arrived home about 4:00p.m. We both crashed! Well, around 6:30 our phone rang. Chris was up but I was still asleep but could hear Chris talking. All I heard was your joking and your kidding me. Our birthmother was in labor for real this time. Chris talked to Jerry as Lillian was being born! After the doctors checked her out good, I spoke with our birthmother to see how she was doing and how Lillian was doing. I was beside myself. Chris and I just cried because all of our pain of infertility was gone. We were finally going to be parents! I just couldn't stand it. I wanted to be there holding her. There was no way that we could drive back after just coming home. Luckily Mark and Robin (my sister and brother-in-law) had slept all day and could drive us. So about 10:30p.m. Mark was driving our car and Robin was driving their car. Our car was stilled pack from the trip before and so I didn't have to do much as far as packing. We drove all night and got there the next morning around 7:00a.m. our time. We met with Jerry first and then went and saw our birthmother. She went to get Lillian from the nursery. The second I laid eyes on her I knew she was mine. I might not have given birth to her but I should did have a lot of labor for her. I was shaking when our birthmother asked me if I wanted to hold her. Lillian was so beautiful and tiny. She weighed 6lbs. 10oz. and was 19 inches long. Her skin was so soft. Well, Chris needs the computer so I will continue later.

0 comments: