CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Trip Down Adoption Lane - Part 3













The staff at the hospital was so nice. They gave us a room at no charge as long as they didn't need the room for another expecting mother. So we got to care for her just as if I actually gave birth to her. Our birthmother checked out of the hospital that day (Sunday the 24th) to get back to her other children who were 3 years old and 1 year old at the time. It was an emotional time for her to say good-bye. We had her a heart locket and we also got the other two children a gift for Christmas. She was appreciative of the gifts and held Lillian for one last time. As she was giving Lillian a kiss she was handing her to me and saying take good care of my baby. She also told Lillian that she was handed her to her mommy. That took a very strong person in that she was putting her baby's needs before her own. She knew that she couldn't take care of another child and was glad that she could make another couple parents that couldn't become parents naturally. We will always be thankful for our birthmother allowing us to give Lillian our love and direction. After our birthmother left Robin, Mark, Will, and Anna spent time in our room holding Lillian. When it came time for bed we took her back to the nursery since we were running on fumes. I cannot believe that I was even able to hold my head up. Chris and I by that time had been up for 24 hours straight. I don't think I remember anything else that night. I went back to get Lillian every morning around 6:30 and we kept her with us until about 10:00 at night. I am going to try and post some pictures now. The first picture is when we were able to fit her into a Christmas stocking because she was our best Christmas gift ever! The next picture is of me feeding her for the first time. The last picture is a close up of her face. She was perfect!

1 comments:

Erica said...

I'm loving the "memory lane" posts! The first pictures are just too sweet!